Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ants


I took a break from blogging because life got a little crazy, to say the least. My 15 month old is now not just walking, but running, climbing and reeking havoc anyway possible, and beyond possible. It is crazy to watch how fast she grows. Every week she is learning something new. Watching her life flash before my eyes has got me doing some deep thinking about life in general and reevaluating some things.

Have you ever stopped in time and really thought things through? I mean, not what you are going to wear and how it would effect your day, or what job will you choose and how much money you will make, but instead what is the purpose of life and what really matters in the grand scheme of things.  I guess you can say that I have been in the land of re-discovery for the past three months and my (open ended) conclusion has left me with the theory that we are all ants.  Yes, three months and all that I came up with was we = ants. It is kind of amusing looking back, but I really think it is that simple.

Let me explain myself. First, I tried searching for explanations, 'meaning of life' sort of things, (not religion or science related, there is a place for that too).  What I came up with was 8 million different 'opinions', none of which worked for me. What I have decided is that we are all just busy little ants.  The meaning of life is only a term that us ants came up with to try to make sense of 'it all'. However, we never will. No matter how many theories there are 'it all' is so much greater than us and so far beyond our understanding that trying to comprehend it is impossible, just as an ants trying to comprehend humans. Make sense?

Okay, so we have no control or understanding of the greater picture, what is our purpose here on earth, if we have one.  I boiled it down to two things, positive and negative.  Positive feels right (but what is right) and negative feels wrong (again, ideas created by the human psyche). It is a simple idea, but I feel that the only thing that we really know and can really do to fulfill any purpose is to spread positive and suppress negative while we are here on earth.


This is just a summary of my idea, but it seems to be just as basic as I described. I am still developing it, but I really think that underdeveloped it will be more accurate than something more complex. So what it comes down to is, toss the 'norm' of everyday life and fill your everyday life with positives and share them with others so that positives like happiness, love and peace can be experienced by a greater number. Suppress the negative in all forms so we can overpower the negative energies with positives making our time here on earth at positively peaceful for all. If you can just look through the fluff of life and discover truth and what really matters maybe it will actually matter in the greater scheme of things, but then again, who knows if we are all just busy little ants just trying to make a difference in our small, little, minute, microscopic world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment